Thursday, November 30, 2006

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Have you ever been humming a tune or listening to the words of a particular song and a phrase jumps out. That happened to me during the Thanksgiving weekend.

Prayer of Thanksgiving
Hymn 93
To be sung "Joyfully"

". . . He forgets not his own."

In my patriarchal blessing, it starts with "Sister Carol, you are a child of God and your Heavenly Father loves you . . ." From the very beginning of my memory of this life I have always known I have a Father in Heaven and that he loves me. How wonderful to know He still considers me His own.

I teach the gospel doctrine class every other Sunday. This last Sunday was Bishop Lowder's lesson. I was surprised by the prayers. Usually they pray for the teacher who is giving the lesson. This time both prayers added my name also. I was very touched and then thought that probably I was being prayed over more than I thought. I know I pray over my family and friends (and a few characters), but I hadn't thought much about them praying over me. That was a sweet incite!

I love printed quotes, incites, scriptures, etc. and hang them throughout my home. I have found a new one. In the Ensign/November '06, President Monson's quotes a wonderful thought. "The Lord has two homes, heaven and a grateful heart".

"Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
Ordaining, maintaining his kingdom divine;
So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
Thou, Lord, wast at our side; All glory be thine!"

No comments: